Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: JBL D110-F dustcaps

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll wager they're stock.

    Some JBL baskets/frames were also painted the bright Fender orange from the factory, 1970 would certainly fall into the time period when this was being done.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member boltupright's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2003
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know this is generally an Altec forum but, with the wealth of knowlege here I wouldn't doubt that someone here may shed some light on my question.

    I recently bought a Fender solid state amp from 1970, it is from the Zodiak series, called a "Taurus" 2x10 combo.
    It has a pair of JBL D-110F 10" drivers.
    They both have orange or copper color aluminum dustcaps.
    Does anyone know if this could be factory? or is this no doubt an aftermarket cone?

    Any information is apreciated.

    Roy

  3. #3
    Inactive Member boltupright's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2003
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for your input! I doubt they were reconed, the dustcaps don't look like they were painted, unless they were done with a traslucient type of paint. it almost looks like an anodized aluminum. forums

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 417 - Alnico's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2003
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you ever decide to get an extra cab, you may want to try some 425's.
    They might not fit in the combo due to their large magnet housings. The older ones, pre H-II's
    may. I have a K-110 in a tube combo because I could not get the 425's to fit.
    What ever you do, keep the Speakers.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member boltupright's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2003
    Posts
    179
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for your input,,,,The 425's are 10" I guess,,,don't see many of those either,,,, eh?
    The D110's sound different with different amps,,,they seem to liven & warm up when pushed a bit too.
    I was thinking about getting a pair of 417's, I have a line on a pair of 16ohn versions,,,I guess you like them judging by your forum name,,,I havn't heard them in person yet,,,are they any warmer than the JBL's?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 417 - Alnico's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2003
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by boltupright:
    Thanks for your input,,,,The 425's are 10" I guess,,,don't see many of those either,,,, eh?
    The D110's sound different with different amps,,,they seem to liven & warm up when pushed a bit too.
    I was thinking about getting a pair of 417's, I have a line on a pair of 16ohn versions,,,I guess you like them judging by your forum name,,,I havn't heard them in person yet,,,are they any warmer than the JBL's?
    The 417's are very good at producing the amp's true sound; no or very little speaker break-up.
    Great for any type clean playing.
    The D-120's I had were a bit muddy and fuzzy in the Lows..
    Good for thickening up a Tele or Strat being played thru a Fender type amp.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.